Sunday, April 9, 2017

Warhammer Ancients Chariot Wars: Syrian-Hyksos Spearmen


Sunday evening brings the latest addition to my Chariot Wars Hittite army:  this regiment of Syrian/Hyksos/Canaanite spearmen.  My Hittite Warlord conquered the city of these warriors years ago, now they fight for him against Pharaoh's  armies.  And anyone else who's within reach.
Like the other models in my collection so far, these are 1990s Ral Partha figures.  Lovely sculpting on these.  Think I'm hitting my painting stride on the ancients, now.   I think this unit looks better than the other two I've one so far.
.I still have a squadron of Hittite chariots, a Hittite infantry regiment, the army commander and some skirmishers to finish before it'll be time to take a break from Hittites and spend some time on my Egyptians, but I'm making pretty good progress so far.
Painting these fellows has been fun.  All the sculpts have lots of life.
Have at you!

Precious little of Hyksos myth and folklore has come down to us, but ancient Hyksoi texts do speak of one terrifying night creature which haunted the lonely roads and highlands of the ancient near east, a giant 2 year old known only as Tom.   Here Tom is shown stalking his prey.  Alas for our poor spearmen.  They are surely doomed.

2 comments: